Baristas & Barista/Wine Tasting Associates
Grapes & Grinds Coffee Shop & Wine bar is looking for fun, engaging people to work with us this summer! Baristas/Wine Tasting Associates are responsible for making espresso drinks and conducting wine tastings with guests from all over the world! Grapes & Grinds has been rated the #1 coffee shop in the Black Hills by Trip Adviser for 8 years running and we owe it all to the special people that make up our staff. Come join us this summer!
Position is seasonal and will begin around mid-May and end between mid-August and September 30, depending on applicant's availability.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using an espresso machine to craft quality coffee drinks
- Conducting wine tastings with customers and learning about the different varieties of wine (if over 21)
- Baking pastries every morning
- Taking orders and operating a cash register
- Giving dogs treats (no seriously - every customer dog gets a treat!)
- Watering inside and outside plants
- Preparing daily deposits
- Maintaining a clean and inviting atmosphere
- Engaging and building relationships with guests
Candidates are responsible for commuting or arranging for housing in or near Keystone - housing not provided.
Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for people who:
- Are friendly and love meeting people
- Care about doing things the right way
- Show up on time
- Have an eye for detail
- Have customer service experience or are excited about learning customer service skills
Most shifts at Grapes & Grinds run from early morning to mid-afternoon or mid-afternoon to late evening (9:30-10:00pm).
Feel free to contact hiring manager Clay King at 605-939-5565 with any questions you may have prior to applying for this position!